Saturday, September 24, 2011

Whew! What a week!



     I hope everyone is having a great Saturday! We have just been enjoying the weather and watching the Ole Miss game (which if you have seen the score, you know why I have taken this opportunity to distract myself by blogging:)) We have had a somewhat crazy week or two, but things are starting to slow down. 
     Last Tuesday, one of my previous clinical instructors called to let me know that they had an outpatient PT position available. I was so excited since I had enjoyed that clinic, and its in Madison (5 miles from our house!!!) I spent the next couple days going over pros and cons and praying over the decision. I was happy at my job, but at this point this opportunity was not one to pass up! One of my concerns was getting Harper into daycare, since she was at the hospital's daycare where I worked. I called the facility she was at prior to getting in at the hospital and they had just opened up a new room and could take her!!! All the pieces just seemed to fall into place.


     Well, Thursday, after work I was supposed to go talk to my potential employer. About 3:00 Thursday afternoon daycare called and said H was throwing up. I quickly wrapped up some work stuff and ran down to get her, since Nick was out of town. When I picked her up she threw up all over my scrubs and in my hair! I ran home, tried to rinse out my hair and called my sweet neighbor (who was leaving for a Columbian mission trip Friday morning) to sit with her while I ran up to my meeting.  Friday morning I went in to work to finish paperwork, but took the day off since I wasn't sure what was going on with H. I also went ahead and told my supervisor that I was planning on accepting this other position. Anyways...H acted fine the rest of the morning and had no fever, so we decided to head to Memphis to visit Nick's family. All seemed well until we went to a Mexican restaurant Saturday night with some friends. Soon after getting our food, Harper began throwing up EVERYWHERE! I felt so bad! We stripped her down, attempted to clean up and headed home.
Playing with Pippaw
 Half way home Nick starts feeling sick...I will spare you the details.....Nick is up all night SICK! Sunday Harper is pitiful, Nick is pitiful, Courtney (Nick sister) comes home from church sick:( We drive home to Madison and I am up all night Sunday, sick! Nick's mom calls Monday saying Nick's Dad was sick. Anyway, I think we are all well now (hopefully!) and have not spread the bug to anyone else!
Courtney and Harper, not feeling so well:(


Here are some pictures of Harper enjoying the nice fall weather:)








 






   
We Love You!


Nick, Rachel, and Harper











1 comment:

  1. so precious!! glad you are all feeling better! congrats on the new job!-Marge

    ReplyDelete