Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter everyone! We are now almost 32 weeks and are getting more and more anxious to meet our sweet little girl! Two weeks ago we had an ultrasound and she was 3 lbs. 9 oz., which put her in a healthy 55th percentile. She was facing my spine and refused to let us get a look at her or even a profile view. She is very active, and now I can say my favorite hobby is to just sit and watch my belly change shape like it is out of some sci-fi movie.
I feel like our life is consumed with preparing for this baby right now. We finally finished registering (which was much more difficult than I thought it would be), go to the doctor every other week, start four weeks of childbirth classes on Monday, and spend any "down time" on ebay or craigslist looking for baby items. I am so excited about a few showers that we have coming up the end of April and beginning of May. These could not have come at a better time considering, as of lately, I tend to stay in trouble for every new baby item I come home with:)
I got the most wonderful Easter present today...my mom finished the bedding and curtains for Harper's room!!! She did such a great job and they look great in her room. Here are some pictures!
t
We do not have a mattress yet, but once we do my mom is making black sheets to go on it (apparently black is not a very popular baby color:)



Here is Harper and I at almost 32 weeks! Getting bigger (which apparently strangers feel is ok to say to a woman if they are pregnant, personally I still don't like to hear it:) On a non-baby note: I would like to ask for prayer for both mine and Nick's families. Nick's father is in the hospital with pneumonia. He is better, but they do not want to release him until his immune system has fully recovered. Many of you know my Dad has gone to Haiti for a month with Samaritan's Purse to help with some security and disaster relief operations. Please keep him and all the people over there in your prayers.
Thanks for checking in on us again! We hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend. He is RISEN!!!

Nick, Rachel, and Harper

1 comment:

  1. awe!!! everything is really coming together! it looks awesome!! i haven't even started...can't wait for school to be done so I can focus on baby stuff a bit more:) So excited for you guys! You are looking GREAT!! So happy our girls will be so close in age:)

    ReplyDelete